Friday 1 February 2013

Truck Stop Quilt

Back in August last year I had one of my previous customers contact me and ask if I made single bed size quilts. She had previously purchased two baby quilts from me for her son and now needed a king single bed size quilt for when he moves into a big bed. Having only made one bed size quilt before, I was a bit hesitant. 


However, as she had purchased from me before, twice, the fact that she is great to work with as she knows exactly what she wants, and it was going to be a simple pattern, I said that I would make it for her.


She chose this gorgeous rare print, Truck Stop by Alexander Henry Fabrics, and the co-ordinating dot print. I then went and matched other prints in blues and greens as requested.


Solid border in Kona Navy and navy and white stripe binding. The back is a wide backing fabric in cream picked up from my local quilt shop. It matches perfectly with the colour of the Truck Stop fabric.


This is the first quilt that I have sent to be quilted on a longarm. As I only do straight line quilting at the moment (I WILL learn to free motion quilt this year!) and I was dreading the idea of wrestling this through the sewing machine, I decided to get it professionally quilted. This was definately the right decision. Sandi at TLC Quilts did a fantastic job. We chose a pattern that looks like a giant tyre track. Very fitting for this quilt.





It was collected this morning and I know it will be loved. Linking up with Quokka Quilts for TGIFF.

2 comments:

  1. That looks fantastic! Great fabric choices. I'm sure they love it! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great!! I don't like peas either ;)

    ReplyDelete